Saturday, April 11, 2009

uterus is irritated...

So much going on in life right now...

Yesterday I went to L&D for preterm labor. When they hooked me up to the monitors I wwas contracting like 2 to 3 minutes apart. They immediately gave me a shot of terbutine and that slowed things down. I was also given a FFN test and that determined that I have a 1% chance of giving birth within the next 7-10 days. So I was sent home. The only problem was that my uterus was still very irritable and contracting on and off. It wasn't the "bring on the baby" type of contractions but it was just enough to make me uncomfortable. I canceled my piano lessons this morning and spent the whole days in bed.

Later I remembered that I had some magnesium supplements so I took some of those and they actually stopped my uterus from contracting so much. So now I'm much more comfortable...I'm also happier...Ladies and gentleman the *itch has left the building...hahaha!

So now I'm trying to be patient and make it to at least 36 weeks with this pregnancy. I pray that I do. I want these babies to be healthy, be able to breastfeed right away and be able to come home with me when I leave the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment