Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Twins aren't that hard...

"Really they aren't. All they do at this point is eat, sleep, and poop."

Umphf. That is the sound of me putting my foot in my mouth...again. I must like the taste of unpedicured toes.

Well, I came to HUGE realization yesterday. It's not that taking care of twins is hard. In fact it's not. It's when you add in all the other aspects of your daily life before they came that makes it hard.

Yesterday I decided I was ready to go back to transcription work...I took a full audio hour of the most boring conference call. Fun fun. To top that off the audio was horrible quality. I had to rewind so many times.

Now add to that the fact that the babies are nursing around the clock, literally. They did not sleep for longer than an hour at a time yesterday. I guess they are growing through a growth spurt or something.

So needless to say I ended up just turning in what I was able to finish and vowed to myself not to do something so stupid next time. I NEED to make income to help out but I have to come up with a new game plan.

I can do the transcription work but I can't do those darn conference calls. They're boring and I realized last night that I hate them, and I don't hate a lot of things. So I will probably keep doing the medical transcription slowly on a part time basis. I'm not sure when I'm going to start that at this point though. And I'll do my interview transcription that I like and am fast at.

But other than that I need to find some other way to bring income. I know I can do my music but I really want to get into making money with my sewing, knitting, and crochet crafts. So today I'm going to come up with a plan to make things WAHM thing work with twins, a 1 year old, and a 2 year old. Sound impossible? Maybe, but it can work.

No comments:

Post a Comment