Saturday, June 6, 2009

Breastfeedings Twins in Public

Today we went to the Children's Museum and I've realized that there is no hiding breastfeeding two babies in public. None. Boobs are out. Period. This is nothing at all like when I tandem nursed E and Z. They're 1 1/2 years apart and I never breastfed Z in public by the time that E was born. It is a lot easier to be discreet with one baby. So today taught me a very good lesson:

Get used to your boobs being out if you're going to nurse twins.

Plain and simple. I was a little frustrated on not being able to control the situation at first, but after the third nursing session today at the museum I was definitely more comfortable and just in tune with what the babies needs were and what they were doing. I quit trying to cover up my boobs (although I did cover up what I could once I got them latched on.) With two crying newborns it impossible to do everything and meet both of their needs. Plus I know that as they get older and get into that stage where their hands are all over the place they will probably win at keeping my shirt up and exposing my goods. Of course I can try to not feed them both at the same time but that isn't always possible. So I've decide that at this point in my life that I'm in tune enough with myself, my womanhood, and my don't give a damness to just do what comes natural. If my babies cries, I'm going to nurse them. If people are watching they better look away. My boobs are about to say hello to the sky, wind, fluorescent lights in buildings, grocery stores, and gawking eyes.

Another adventure in my breastfeeding chapter begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment