Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mental Roadblocks

I don't know why anxiety sets in when you try to start something new. I'm starting to write a book about having four children under the age of four. I think about the book everyday but I haven't written a thing. I know the concept and the idea but for some reason I haven't written anything. It seems like this happens to me a lot when it's concerning writing.

As a teenager I looooved to write and I still do now. I think that's what drew me to working as a transcriptionist. I love to type and I love the English language. I've always been good at grammar too.

Sooooo....why the roadblocks? Why I am stopping myself?

One obvious answer is fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the success of the book. Fear of the lack of success of the book. Fear of not finishing the book.

Writing a book is a big task and I'm giving myself a year to complete the book. It's a book about the journey I'll be on over the next year with my kids. I know things will be hectic, crazy, and fun having a soon to be 3 years old, a 1 year old, and twinfants. I really want to record the journey and after that I think that other moms will be interested in reading about it. I know I would be. I'm sure I'll have a lot of advice to share at the end of the journey, or better yet at the end of that chapter of the journey.

So now it's time to stop avoiding writing...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment